13 WHILE TACKING
Rule 13 is changed to:
- After a board passes head to wind, she shall keep clear of other boards until her sail has filled. During that time rules 10, 11 and 12 do not apply. If two boards are subject to this rule at the same time, the one on the other’s port side or the one astern shall keep clear.
17 ON THE SAME TACK BEFORE A REACHING START
Rule 17 is changed to:
- When, at the warning signal, the course to the first mark is approximately ninety degrees from the true wind, a board overlapped to leeward of another board on the same tack during the last 30 seconds before her starting signal shall not sail above the shortest course to the first mark while they remain overlapped if as a result the other board would need to take action to avoid contact, unless in doing so she promptly sails astern of the other board.
Rule 18 is changed as follows:
The first sentence of rule 18.1 is changed to:
- Rule 18 applies between boards when they are required to leave a mark on the same side and at least one of them is rounding or passing it.
Rule 18.2(b) is changed to:
- (b) If boards are overlapped when the first of them is rounding or passing the mark, the outside board at that moment shall thereafter give the inside board mark-room. If a board is clear ahead when she is rounding or passing the mark, the board clear astern at that moment shall thereafter give her mark-room.
Rule 18.2(c) is changed to:
- (c) When a board is required to give mark-room by rule 18.2(b), she shall continue to do so even if later an overlap is broken or a new overlap begins. However, if the board entitled to mark-room passes head to wind, rule 18.2(b) ceases to apply.
Rule 18.2(d) is changed to:
- (d) Rules 18.2(b) and (c) cease to apply if the board entitled to mark-room passes head to wind.
Rule 18.3 is deleted.
18.4 Gybing and Bearing Away
Rule 18.4 is changed to:
- When an inside overlapped right-of-way board must gybe or bear away at a mark to sail her proper course, until she gybes or bears away she shall sail no farther from the mark than needed to sail that course. Rule 18.4 does not apply at a gate mark.
22 CAPSIZED; AGROUND; RESCUING
Rule 22 is changed to:
- 22.1 If possible, a board shall avoid a board that is capsized or has not regained control after capsizing, is aground, or is trying to help a person or vessel in danger.
- 22.2 If possible, a board that is capsized or aground shall not interfere with another board.
23 INTERFERING WITH ANOTHER BOARD; SAIL OUT OF WATER
Add new rule 23.3:
- 23.3 In the last minute before her starting signal, a board shall have her sail out of the water and in a normal position, except when accidentally capsized.